Well I closed up things at work today and went...wow one more week!
Amazing how quick this is all going for us. Kind of scary too! We are so excited to meet our little guy, it actually seems within reach for us.
So many people have asked...why are you adopting? Why do you want more? You already have two? Why adopt? Ok, well here is the long and short of it. Len and I have always wanted a big family. We did not know if we could even have children biologically. I was diagnosed with stage 4 Endometriosis at the age of 17. We spent two long years trying to get pregnant with Hannah. With prayer and acupuncture...she arrived. Sarah was not nearly as much work...but makes up for that now. The third...never happened. I do believe I had a miscarriage in October of 2009. Now the adoption story began when I was in high school. I have always wanted to adopt internationally. I was drawn to Vietnam or Thailand....that was years ago. When I realized that we were not having any more biological children we discussed adoption. This discussion went on for years on and off and off and on. Len said yes but only from Africa. And so our story began.....
For me this adoption...Journey to Joshua has been just that....a journey. It has been a trip of twists and turns, tears and smiles, hopes and dreams. I know the ride is not over by a long shot. I do know that there has been one and only one thing that has gotten me over the tough spots. That frankly, is my faith in Jesus Christ. He is the one who put us on this path, opened the correct doors and shut others, even after we started running thru them. There has been one song that has spoken to me time and time again. Almost always in the car, while I am crying and praying. I wanted to share that song with you.
Blessings on your weekend.
Michelle
Ok, so I have loved reading you updates and the excitement is always bringing me to tears, but I have to say, the song you attached really did me in. So, I have it saved on my phone and while giving Ashton a bath the other night played it. Maybe not the smartest choice as Ashton immediately dances when he hears music. So, I play your song and I get naked boy standing in the tub, stomping his feet and water splashing all over. Gotta tell you it brought tears of joy that you too shall soon have a naked boy in your tub...and when they stand and dance naked it is quite a bit more funny than the girls...just thought I would share!
ReplyDelete