Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Well I was up really late last night. I really have a good start on the Amharic language. I actually think I kind of get it! Reading and writing are much easier than speaking for me. I will need lots more practice as they have over 216 different characters/letters in their alphabet. So fun!


We love breakfast here. Sooooo yummy. Usually eggs and bread of some kind, sometimes waffles or the best French toast I have ever had in my life! The best part is always the juice. Made fresh every morning. We have had orange, pineapple and this am....mango. I spoke with our cook and she will teach me how tomorrow so I can bring home this yummy skill for Sarah! I can just picture her at the table lapping it up!!!!!

We are just chilling out today. Hopefully watching movies, reading and just relaxing. Perhaps a bit of pre- packing. Tomorrow we have court...the reason we actually came here. :-). It has been a long trip most probably due to our court date being on a Monday.

I know it will be hard to feel sorry for me, but I am a bit sunburned on my neck area. :-). Len has a bit on top of his head.

We are the only ones here at the guest house other than the staff. We certainly miss our friends that we have made. Ted and Leah....I hope all is well for you at home!

Len and I have spent gobs of time the past two days with the Ethiopian staff here just absorbing as much of the culture, language, and understanding of the religion as humanly possible. These Ethiopians are a proud and wonderful people. It is completely understand able!!! They have their own language and the only country in Africa with their own alphabet! A proud independent country. Pretty amazing!!!!

It is really sad that we have been unable to see our little person. We are so close to him and we cannot see him again until after court tomorrow. We will give him our photo album and his puppy blanket and say goodbye until we return again.

Please pray for a quick resolution to the "chero situation", paperwork mess that could cause a delay for us. The sooner this is resolved....the sooner we will be submitted to embassy. Our lawyer said our embassy turn around will be quick so we just need to get thru this hurdle, and then come back to get him.

I wish I would have brought some clothes with me for him so I could have known sizes. I am thinking nine month clothes for our return trip as well as robeez. Shannon....start getting this stuff organized ! I know you have been waiting for the go ahead on that! Missy...everything under 9 months can go. He is not as tiny as I thought. :-). Missy and Shannon...please discuss diapers for this size.... Not sure where to go on that. Boy clothes....nothing gender neutral!!!! And heavens knows...no pink! Bright colors look best, orange was great...I'll bet red and dark blue too!


Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. Len and I have received every message and email. At times they have brought tears, but they have truly been a gift to us during the tough times here. This has been a life changing trip. I can honestly say I will never be the same. I am still very raw and emotional from the highs and lows but can honestly tell you I will be back, Ethiopia. It is amazing and hard to put into words.

The ultimate good news....I received an amazing gift today....a shower..a real shower. They fixed the water pump here at the house and voila...a warm shower. Oh the joy and lack of greasy hair!


Blessings on your Sunday in the states....hello to our St. Paul family..we will not be at church today ;-)


Michelle

P.S....a view of the Addis skyline from our guesthouse window.

1 comment:

  1. what amazing adventure you are having. i cannot wait to see your pictures and hear all about the culture, the food, etc. and most of all meet joshua! continuing to pray! much love and many hugs to you!
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete