Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Another day...another great adventure

Well is just past lunch and we have recently returned from our first shopping excursion. We went to Churchill road and picked up a few things. Yes Shannon I am bringing home real coffee!!!!




We found the person in charge of the jewelry and gave her our glaze. We now know exactly what kind to bring. Even with multiple phone calls we are not having much luck getting our books to their rightful owner. Grrrrr. Maybe tomorrow.


The childrens books that we brought with us will go to the program that helps all of the children associated with our guest home. Those have been delivered also. :-)



Feeling a bit better about 80 percent. Using the saline drops for my nose are really helping to bring in a bit of moisture. Between that and the Advil....not to mention lots of bottled water!!!!



I am learning the sponge baths are tolerable, not as refreshing but get the job done. I have to wash my hair standing outside of the shower with my head upside down in the shower. What an adventure. It is clean today so.....I win!


I have to say that the culture shock is wearing off. I was moved to absolute tears today. The poverty here is just amazing. What we waste in one day in a shower alone. I am not sure I will ever see things the same again. Leprosy is not just in the bible and banished to the olden days...it is alive and well here. Yes in 2011 people are without medical care to help with the simplest things.


We are the only ones here that are adopting a boy! Really ? How odd. Yes they are coming in pairs but one boy which was a requested boy....we are the only ones so far.


I am going to try and attach some pics. The pics are just a snippet. All of the pics are from our views from the guest home.



Blessings to all. Enjoy your abundance. What we have in America is unreal!



Michelle

2 comments:

  1. We are all following along at work with you and Len on your adventure! Don't worry, we haven't burned the place down but we have definitely missed your expertise in certain areas! We're all sending good luck your way, enjoy every minute!

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    I'm excited to live vicariously through you for a while. Crazy how we have so much but don't realize it till we see others who have so little.

    ReplyDelete