Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Four----Wrapping It UP!

Wow this week has flown and dragged on all in the same breath!  Daises are all done until after I am back, Brownies will be wrapping up this afternoon.  Work will be wrapped up tomorrow at 1pm.  Len is done teaching and is managing the all school assembly today. 

This weekend it will be packing, grocery shopping, cleaning up the house and a few other last minute things.

I have discovered something about myself this week.  I have a "hero complex"!!!  I try to get it all done, eventhough I cannot.  I have a hard time accepting help too.  :-(  Gotta work on all of that.

Thankfully I have strong friends that can beat me into submission.  Shannon came to my house, deprived her children of naps and did all of my laundry yesterday...folded and all!  She even did my dishes and scrubbed up my kitchen.  Really?  She has her own house to clean and she cleaned and washed mine.  Wow...amazing!  A humble thanks.... :-)

I have managed to pack one suitcase.  The books that we are carrying for Ethiopia Reads are packed and weighed and ready to go along with some of the pens! 

I have three empty suitcases and one table filled with stuff and no clothes are on that table yet.  YIKES!

I have purchased gifts for the kids for each of the days we are gone.  Shannon is wrapping them and Len and I will attach notes to each of them.  We cannot hug them everyday we are gone but this is the closest I could think of.

I did email all of the staff involved with the girls at school.  I wanted to make sure every staff member was aware of the girls potential heightened sensitivity due to the change of life at home.

This posting is just a bunch of rambling details but I can tell you one thing for certain.  I am so thankful....

1.  for the new update we received this week just before we leave
2.  for the friends and family we have supporting us
3.  for the prayers that have carried us thru
4.  for our little guy who is patiently waiting for us to arrive and has no idea how his life is going to change
5.  to our Lord and Savior who put us on this path and changed our life.
6.  Regardless of the ups and downs of this upcoming trip... he is in control and he can and does move mountains every single day.

I am going to go cuddle with my little Sarah who is still asleep in my bed :-)

Hopefully I will get one more post off before we depart until then...here is a clip to view and think about...


It is where we are staying!

Hugs to all!


Michelle

2 comments:

  1. It just took you a little longer to realize something we all already knew and love about you. You are MY hero....for so many different reasons!

    I am sure these last days will be stressful and will go quick...but don't forget to enjoy them too and savor the anticipation and excitement you feel.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for always holding us up but even more thank you for letting us hold you up when you need it! I cannot wait and I truly mean cannot wait for you to go and come back and go again just to bring him home where he belongs!

    ReplyDelete