Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Six weeks down.........




Well it has been six weeks since we passed court and just one day shy of six weeks since I held my little one.
  Will you think with me for just one minute... I want you to imagine dreaming of having a child...waiting for the child knowing he is out there somewhere...holding that child....hugging him and smelling him...listening to him giggle...and then giving that child back not knowing when you will see that little person again.   Perhaps that will give you just a small sense of the challenge that this is for Len and I.  Joshua's room is ready now.  He has some clothes in his closet.  A shelf in the kitchen for his bottles and formula.  I am doing my absolute best to try and stay positive and to rest in the Lord.  I know this is all in his hands but I am so darn impatient!   We still have heard zippo about our Embassy date.  So in hopes of getting my "Ethiopia fix" we are going to Ethiopian Diamond in Chicago.  A good friend that I work with brought us there a few days before we received our referral.  So yummy!  This time we are bringing the girls and some family members and other friends.  I cannot wait to be there and just BE!  Heaven!  Tomorrow is no shoes day....will you have naked feet?  I will!  Please continue to keep those families who are on the paperwork roller coaster in your prayers!  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Michelle. Prayed for you this morning that you would get your call this week!! Thanx for your honest post. And yes, I'm shoeless today. Getting people to donate new or gently used shoes to take with us when we go to ET.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you guys...Joshua will be in your arms again soon...I know it can't be soon enough for you...but it will be soon. Keep the faith...it's going to all come together.

    <3

    ReplyDelete