Just plain sad. It started as a very emotional day with no shoes on. I could not help but shake the faces of the many that I saw and did not know and now pray for. I am "shaken by the Lord" right now and am not sure where to plant my feet and where he wants me to be in my life. Truly just looking for guidance and what is the next step for me. I cannot read enough about human trafficking, modern day slavery, poverty...shall I go on? Now the question is what to do about all of this that is rattling me to my core. Ugh!
In the meantime, I finally got up the courage to call rather than email my agency. I have been emailing but not receiving much in the way of information or even a response. So while Sarah was spinning on the uneven bars I hid in the utility closet of the gym to call. Well it was certainly not what I wanted to hear. Basically, we are missing paperwork. We cannot be submitted to the US Embassy without all of the goods. Well we could be submitted but our file would be unresolved as it would be missing pieces. Our attorney will only submit paperwork that is complete and has every last detail in place. That is the good news I guess. So, get what is missing! We are missing paperwork from Joshua's region that is basically contact information for the witnesses that are involved with his case! Nice eh?!?!?! So the US Embassy is creating a database that allows them to track all of the witnesses. They are trying to uncover any and all child trafficking. While I am all over that and am really thankful for their diligence....grrrrr! So until that missing stuff is in our lawyer's hands....we will remain in Illinois while our son remains in an orphanage.
I am so discouraged and heartbroken. Please pray for that missing paperwork....
:' (
ReplyDeletea stumbling block...just a small detour. Everyone is pulling for you...this stumbling block will be resolved quickly and you will move forward!
Focus on the light at the tunnel...you're getting there. If it was going to be easy God would've given this journey to someone else honey ; )
This is so hard and so sad. I am grieving with you and feeling for you. Blah. Praying that last piece of paperwork arrived today in Ethiopia so you can have docs submitted on Monday and maybe even be on your way back at the end of next week. Rooting for you!!!
ReplyDelete