Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Light??????



Well...It is Thursday...The day that our agency has the opportunity to turn complete files into the US Embassy in Addis Ababa.  Of course...no email today.  After spending the morning with Leah, a wonderful new friend, that we made in Ethiopia...and seeing her beautiful girls with her adorable bio kids...I was a determined woman.  I checked my email like crazy today.  Of course, today is gymnastics day...so the gym has free wi-fi that does not work today of all days!  I need to keep up my obsessive compulsive behavior that I have developed post homestudy visits!  Just kidding of course!

At five thirty...enough was enough!  I chatted with Len and told him to call Tami.  I needed to know one way or another.  Please just a miracle...we had one at Christmas, a court date!  Is it too much to ask for one at Easter?  :-)

Len did not call back for what felt like an eternity.  I sat with my favorite adoption friend...Megan.  Very few people understand what it is like to leave your child in another country after meeting them and hugging them. I am so thankful for you friend!

So the phone rang and I almost jumped out of my skin... I ran into the hallway and Len said the most amazing words I have heard...."Our paperwork is complete...we have everything from the region that we needed."  We do not know if we have been submitted.  We do know that Dove has been working like mad to prepare as many files as possible to get them in before Monday of next week.  At that point, there are a bunch of new requirements...which of course will delay things even more.  I mentioned them in a post a couple of weeks ago.

It is Easter in Ethiopia.  The country is shut down to celebrate our risen Lord.  On Monday, we will hopefully find out from Tami that she has chatted with the lawyer in Ethiopia and we are submitted!  If that is the case...we wait to see if we are approved for a visa appointment.  It could happen as soon as next week....A visa appointment given to us asap means we could leave as soon as April 30th!  I could have my little boy in my arms for Mothers' Day!

I am not going shopping this weekend but man.....diapers and formula here I come if we get the email on Monday.

I am soooo thankful for this amazing phone call.  What a relief...even if temporary.  I will sleep a bit more soundly tonight.

Please pray for our Embassy process...It is time to bring our son HOME!

1 comment: