Sometimes roller coasters are a blast and other times...not so much!
After truly hitting a wall on Monday night, Len received a magical email from the US Embassy in Addis Ababa at 7:30 Tuesday morning. We were being offered an appointment. This means we are going back to Ethiopia to get our little one. I have waited a bit until I had all of the details before I blogged. SO here is what I have!
Len, Sarah and I are leaving on Sunday morning at 6am from Dulles-Washington DC. We will have a few hours in DC and then head to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. We will arrive Monday morning. We will get settled in and then head to the orphanage to visit our little one and introduce Sarah to him. We will bring our donations to the orphanage at this time.
Monday afternoon will be a very special day and time for all of us. We will return after naptime to pick up Joshua and begin our bonding as a family! He will see the blue gates of Toukoul for the last time.
Tuesday afternoon at 1pm we have an appointment at the US Embassy in Addis. We will arrive with our kids and our passports and be interviewed by the officials there. If all goes well, we are confident it will, back to the guest home we will go!
On Thursday at 3pm our passports will be ready for pick up. Hopefully our lawyer snaps them up and we will have Joshua's highly revered Ethiopian Passport with his American VISA!
Friday night we will leave Addis as a family of four. We will not be complete until 1:27 May 7th when Hannah holds her brother for the first time. I am in tears just thinking of it!
I am running around like a maniac. After all of this time, you would like to think I would have made a list of what needs to be done when we got the "CALL". Of course...that would be too easy.
After all the roller coaster ride is not over yet.....but I can see the end of the ride....thankful that our Lord has gotten us this far.
Prayer Requests:
Please continue to lift our family up in prayer as we travel. Pray for Joshua and his nannies as they painfully end their relationships and we begin ours with our little one. Most of all, pray for the families that continue to wait for "the call". The wait is soooo hard but the Lord knows what we can handle.
I love the Embassy! So efficient! Hooray for going to pick up Joshua-so soon!!! YES! And how awesome that one of your daughters get to come with! Continuing to pray for you.
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOU!!!!
ReplyDelete