Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Seven......


And the drama continues

Well...I thought for sure we would be in Ethiopia by now or perhaps even home by now.  Yes...not my luck I guess.  Everyday, I wonder if we are getting our mystery paperwork in.  I know that all of this is in our Lord's hands and the reason for this delay is his purpose and his reasoning.  It is so hard to be here and wonder if he will ever get home.  I have begun to answer the ever fabled question with...."I hope to meet him again before he comes knocking on my door asking for his college money".

I seriously do not understand this process or its delays.  I do know that the Embassy added some new requirements in March and now we are waiting due to that.  I know that the paperwork comes from his region....which is two days away from Addis Ababa.  I now think that it is a court piece from the region.  Seriously...Grrrrr.

We now have seven days until his birthday and I am not planning on purchasing any birthday boy shirts.  I feel awful not being able to be positive with those that do ask....how are things?  When do you travel?  Got a date yet?  A great friend put it in beautiful perspective for me...."It's like being pregnant for two years and on the verge of miscarrying everyday".  Honestly, she is right.

My heart hurts everyday.  I wonder if this will ever end.  I am doing my best to rest in Him.  I am just so tired, friends, just so tired.  Praying that God sees this resolved and soon.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,

    I feel your pain. We have been waiting over six weeks since we accepted our referrals. Still have not heard that our paperwork has been submitted to court. So today I feel for you and your waiting process. I am also praying for you and Len today. I am praying that God gives you a peace that goes beyond all understanding.

    ReplyDelete