Some things are really coming together so will we be submitted soon? Boy I hope so!
Len's backpack from REI will be picked up this afternoon. Sarah's shots are done. Joshua has a room with clothes in the closet!

The girls room is done and all is put away...ordering curtains as I get new coupons from JC Penney! :-)

And the newest development....Sarah is sponsoring a little girl from Compassion International. Here is how this works! Sarah writes to her sponsored kiddo and prays for her and Len and I write a check for the kiddo to receive the following:
- Ongoing Christian training
- Educational opportunities
- Treatment & training to maintain child health
- Development of self-confidence & social skills
- Key life skills & vocational programs
Sarah receives:
- Learning about different parts of the world
- Discovering political & economic realities your sponsored child faces
- The joy of helping someone in great need
So with the help of our friend, Compassion Advocate, Anji...Sarah has sponsored a little girl, age 6 from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. While we are there..Sarah will meet her, perhaps play with her, and bring her a gift. This will be an amazing opportunity for Sarah and her precious new friend on the other side of the world!
Hannah continues to write her friend, Stephanie. A precious and adorable nine year old girl in Haiti!
Are you interested in making a world of difference for one child? Compassion International is the way!
More good news on the adoption front....another family that we have been praying for...been in Ethiopia for 80+ days is coming home on Tuesday!!!! Congrats Wes and Nina! Thanks for sharing your journey!
Praying for our paperwork to land in our file soon! I am ready to goooooo!!!!
I just received an update on how the US Embassy has changed things again...
In addition to the current intake procedures, effective Monday, April 25, 2011, all cases submitted for the Embassy's review must also include the following information.
1) A signed, notarized I-600 petition by the prospective adoption parent(s).
2) Copies of the PAP's Ethiopian visa indicating travel to Ethiopia for their Federal First Instance Court Appointment.
3) Payment of all fees associated with the Embassy process, including the $404 immigration visa fee.
4) A signed Privacy Act Waiver.
So later this afternoon, I will be sending via pdf/email our copies of our little passport/visas to our agency. I will wait to hear how they want the funds transferred. Oh good grief! Welcome to my world! :-)
I just received an update on how the US Embassy has changed things again...
In addition to the current intake procedures, effective Monday, April 25, 2011, all cases submitted for the Embassy's review must also include the following information.
1) A signed, notarized I-600 petition by the prospective adoption parent(s).
2) Copies of the PAP's Ethiopian visa indicating travel to Ethiopia for their Federal First Instance Court Appointment.
3) Payment of all fees associated with the Embassy process, including the $404 immigration visa fee.
4) A signed Privacy Act Waiver.
So later this afternoon, I will be sending via pdf/email our copies of our little passport/visas to our agency. I will wait to hear how they want the funds transferred. Oh good grief! Welcome to my world! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment