Our home has had its booty kicked by the stomach flu, as has Hannah's classroom at school and Len's Social Science Department at school. The one stand out...Sarah is ever so patiently waiting for all of the "sick people in her house to get better"! What a scream!
Len returned to school after 48 hours and I am home with Hannah. She is still kicking the fever and aches. If the kid would just take some Tylenol! I bribed her with Olive Garden. What good mother does not bribe now and again? My fever broke last night and I am getting my feet under me today. Phew!
So updates on the Quest to Joshua! Well not too much to report but here is our progress.
- We now have four suitcases. Two were gifts from my mom for Christmas and two are being lent to us from Tim and Shannon. We are allowed to carry 50 pounds in each suitcase. I cannot imagine needing that much but we will see I guess. They sit empty in the living room torturing my children and dogs.
- I ordered some new khakis and a blouse online. I DESPISE shopping! I will walk down the street to Shannon's closet but that is as close as I am getting. I still need to get some new walking shoes that would be appropriate for court. (black Keens or Merrills to wear with a skirt)
- We updated our homestudy...again....Our new social worker is a gift! She has incredible attention to detail and suggested that we have a homestudy with a current homestudy provider in our hands before Embassy so we do not have any technical difficulties since our original closed. KA---CHING! But I call it insurance. We may not need it but we have it if we do!
- Ok so this is the cool part.. We are partnering with a teacher, Alicia, in upstate New York. She had a big ol' fundraiser to purchase books for Ethiopia Reads. A VERY cool organization that plants libraries in Ethiopia. We will be carrying a suitcase full of books to a school in Addis. Forty pounds worth!!! We will visit with the teacher and hopefully spend some time. I would LOVE to spend some time teaching. I know Len would too! She needs one more family heading over to bring another suitcase of 40 pounds with them. Contact me if you are willing and able.
- We will be bringing donations for the orphanage on our second trip. More on that after we get back from the first trip.
- That is all for updates. The girls have a doctor appt tomorrow for their 6 and 8 year old check ups and potentially shots if they do not have the Hep A in their collection. Fun day tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment