http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrPc7BTTbLw
The link above will give you an idea of where we are staying and what we might see while we are in country.
It amazes me how incredible this whole process has been thus far. So I must say one more time....
WOW!!!!
Today is my day off of work. Phew! I needed the day. I am wrapping up some details for girl scouts for both troops and trying to get my duckies in order. Both Donna (len's mom) and Ricki (my mom) will be watching the girls while we are gone. Donna will have the lion's share of the time and work! Praying for her!
It looks to be 32 days til we are there. TO be honest....I am looking forward to the plane ride. NO phones, emails or work to be done. I cannot do anymore organizing at that point. All that is left, is breathing, sleeping and reading while enjoying some time with Len by mysef (not including the loads of other people on the plane) :-)
I have picked out our new stroller and think I might have a new car seat in mind thanks to Missy. Speaking of Missy. She will be communicating with us in Ethiopia. She will update the blog and Facebook so a BIG thanks goes to her as she keeps the lines of communication open for our family and friends. After 21 years of friendship, there is not much we would not do for each other. :-D
We hope to be working with an organization, Ethiopia Reads. We will be carrying books over for them for one of their classrooms. I do not know yet how much room we will have but we will see. We are looking forward to visiting the classroom, the students and their teacher. Perhaps we will be able to do a bit of what we do best....teach!
We received our latest update yesterday. Our Joshua has gained another pound and is a little over 13 pounds and 26 inches tall. He has even more hair than before. If you know me...you know he will have the cutest longest hair I can possibly stand to take care of :-) He is just precious. He is still sitting/laying in the baby seat that they take his pictures in. He does not appear to be sitting up yet.
We will probably receive one more update before we leave to go see him ourselves. I would really like to see him smile.
I know this entry is all over the place... I am feeling very overwhelmed and tearful. I know all will work our and all will be as our Lord wants it to be. It is just a LOT of work to get ready to leave and the idea of leaving him in Ethiopia as we fly away is almost more than I can bear today. Thankfully it is all in God's hands and all I can do is pray. So I will. Will you pray for us?
Please pray for our little Joshua. Pray for his caregivers. Pray for our paperwork and our courtdate. Pray for a quick embassy date so we can all come home and be a family of five.
Thank you.....It is all any of us can do.
YEAH! It is getting so close! I'm tearful these days, too. Especially when we received our latest update yesterday. New pictures just melt me. Praying for efficiently through the process and that we'd all pass court on the 21st and have a very quick embassy appointment scheduled. See you in 32ish days!
ReplyDelete