Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

26 days left and baby brain has kicked in!




Well it is almost midnight and I spend my days busy with the everyday life of a stay at home mom with a 25 hour a week part time job.  Amazing!  I have a wonderful job that I love.  Thankfully it allows me to be a mom too!

The challenge come in the everyday questions and quiet moments like right now.  Len is in Nebraska with family for his dear Uncle John's funeral.  What an amazing man of God he was!  The girls are sound asleep finally and I am awake.  I know I should be enjoying every minute of my baby freedom before Joshua comes home but all I can think about is when will this part be done!?

I have prayed and committed to myself.....I will enjoy the time that I have for the next 26 days as a family of four.  I will worry about all of the baby preparation stuff after we get home from that first trip.  Oh and speaking of the first trip.........we received an email from Dove/ U.S Embassy that they will be having appointments every week starting January 24.  Could we possibly return to Ethiopia during Len's spring break?  Perhaps we could enjoy a few days at home as a family when Joshua is home forever?  WOW!  Now there is something to pray for.

I really just want him home in time for his birthday.....April 10th  (heheh I received my diamond birthstones for my ears!)

This whole adoption thing is sooooo much harder than the first two times with Hannah and Sarah.  I feel so disconnected and then sad and guilty for that feeling.  I need to spend more time praying and singing and less time thinking....:-D

Well off to bed....busy day tomorrow with work and Brownies.  SO thankful tonight for my friends whom I lean on, my kiddos... all three of them and my faith in my Lord and Savior.  Without him....I would not have the strength for all of this.


Tonight I also pray for my little Joshua....I pray Lord God, that my son and I will love one another, for love is of You; and everyone who loves is born of You and knows You.  But if we do not love, we do not know You, for you are love.  1 John 4:7-8

1 comment:

  1. Getting so close! I totally feel you. It is hard to be productive and engaged in the normal everyday things on the calendar while also preparing for an incredible life change, with so many unknowns. Excited to meet you in 26 days! Praying for you this week; and for Joshua, too.

    ReplyDelete