At 3:10 this afternoon, I was checking my email! My cell phone rang......
I was told that Len and I have a referral of a "really cute" little boy. He is seven months old and truly cute as a button. I am REALLY paranoid about giving away identifying information so I apologize if this is not all of the details that you want. His birthday is in April. He was found by a man in his hometown. Sadly, this means we will not have any information on his birth family. We received his paperwork as well as two pictures that seem to be have taken just a few seconds apart. He is in pink pants with a flower blanket. Pretty funny! I was told this was typical in Ethiopia for boys to be dressed in pink. :-D
So what was it like when we found out?
Well for me.....I was sobbing and overwhelmed. I sent Sarah to our neighbor and good friend, Shannon's house to come be some support for me. She came down as well as her kids. I had to jet off to pick up Hannah from Chess Club. I called Len before I left, of course a sobbing mess. The teachers in his department were concerned that someone had died I was so hysterical on the phone. He was relieved to hear that...."We have a referral!"
He replied, "OH, so you're happy ...oh ok."
I told him I would send him the information so he could see the pictures....then of course I left to go get Hannah. Two friends that are adoptive moms were there to hug and cry with me. Wow! So thankful for them. The best part was telling Hannah as she stood next to her good friend, who is adopted! Wonderful for them to be able to share in that moment.
I came home and called Len back. He was anxious for the pics so I sent them. He and his friends and students were able to ohhh and ahhh over the pics.
Well....I managed to call another couple of dear friends and headed out to gymnastics practice for Sarah. By this time...I was exhausted.
Len and I were so relieved to see each other. We went home and called family and friends and looked at each other completely dazed. The dinner conversation revolved around names. The girls are going thru their bibles trying to come up with one. We are keeping his Ethiopian name that he was given as his middle name. First name options are: Thomas, Noah, David, Daniel, Michael and Benjamin.
What is next you ask? We are sending the referral info to an Adoptive Medical Specialist. They will review the information and let us know their thoughts. We will accept or decline the referral based on their medical recommendations. We will overnight our official acceptance letter as well as the final payment.
Court dates are currently looking like 3-4 months out so we will see. :-) Then 8-10 weeks from there and we will be home forever! Wow! Could this really be happening!
No comments:
Post a Comment