Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Accepted into our hearts and home!

What a whirlwind week it has been at our house.  Referral, refinance, first Daisy meeting, tought times at work, Hannah's piano recital and Sarah has a slight cold and is not sleeping at night.

I am so thankful for all of it, to be honest.  I just need some down time to process it all. 

Here is where we are...the referral was sent to us on Tuesday afternoon.  By Wednesday, it was at the University of Alabama's International Adoption Clinic for review.  Thursday was spent shopping for a dryer.  How random that broke and died this week.  The lovely gentleman at Home Depot told me to wait for the one I wanted to be delivered.  Then he told me to go to the laundromat.  Can you believe that?????  We went to ABT picked it up and voila, Len installed it.

Thursday night was spent with little to no sleep.  Sarah is a bit under the weather and I'm so raw right now it is difficult.  Thankfully Aunt Lisa came by to make us smile and take a gander at the pictures.  :-D
I spent much of Friday morning praying for peace and wisdom and patience.  All were granted by the grace of God.

At 11:25, Len and I had a phone conference with our Adoption Director from Dove to answer any questions we had about the referral.  Len was hoping for more information on the little guy.  I was just hoping for some clarification on a few concerns I had.  42 minutes later we were satisfied and the converstation ended with discussion about how we plan to travel, vaccinations and where we plan to stay.  All of which need to be addressed in the short term now!  We wrapped up stating that we are waiting for the International Doctors to give their stamp of approval and we will get in contact with the Adoption Director immediately.

At 2:57, I heard from Dr. Chambers.  We went thru the referral very carefully.   She stated that she really wished he was a bit bigger, currently only a little over 9 pounds at 7 months.  But all looks good and we should proceed.  Well that was all I needed to hear!!!  I thanked her, called Len and told him that I wanted to make sure he was on board and I was going to call Dove.  Yah, I called Dove and got the voicemail. 

At 4:26 while in a meeting with some of my Oxford parents, Dove returned my call and we officially accepted the referral of our seven month old little boy.  We discussed the official paperwork that needed to be sent to Dove along with the final check.  Still praying on that one! 

My mom came up and took us out to dinner to celebrate Hannah's recital and the referral.   And yes, I was still up most of the night.  I would say I am getting ready for the next phase....but I need some sleep!

Now what?  I know that is what you want to know.  :-D  We will send in our official form of acceptance, invoice and final amount due.  All of that must be in Dove's hands on Wednesday.  In the meantime, he is having an additional HIV test and they are preparing our paperwork and his paperwork for court.  Out next big wait......a court date.  Once we recieve a court date we will receive our travel dates.  Then we book our trip, find someone to stay at our house and take care of every detail here at home and we go!  We expect a court date in February.  We are praying for February!!!  We will be given a months notice to two weeks notice to travel.  YIKES!  I guess I have lots of groundwork to do with a travel agent as well as vaccinations.  Maybe some sleep tonight.....I hope...if not there is always horsey therapy at the barn tomorrow that will help!

Please continue to pray for our little guy, his caretakers, our escrow (long story ask Len), and those handling the paperwork that they may do so in a very detailed way so there are no delays.

Thanks!

Hugs to all....... and blessings to Hannah today on her first piano recital.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment