Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Four Months! We are in the "average zone"!



Well we have been waiting for FOUR months.  Yes, initally I was so glad to be done with the paperwork and just wait.  Second month....more of the same.  Third month....finally heard from Dove and was encouraged.  Now....tired of waiting.  Wondering if we are crazy.  If we get our referral in the next two months we will hopefully be all set to travel this spring.  But once again...if.  The "ifs" are so hard and the wait is starting to wear on us both.  We cancelled our trip to DisneyWorld in December this week.  Between the roof this summer and the hopefully upcoming trips to Ethiopia we needed to focus on paying off debt not spending.  So the House of the Mouse will wait.   :-(

I know this is all in the Lord's hands.  Wow this waiting stuff is hard.  It is like being pregnant with an elephant.  22 months gestation.  I think we might reach that soon! 

I have some friends who have adopted from Ethiopia, Russia and Guatamala.  I am blessed to be able to see their kids and think that maybe just maybe this will happen.  Somedays....are just so long.

1 comment:

  1. Keep the faith and keep your head up. It will happen...

    ReplyDelete