Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Four Weeks and a New Hope!

stock photo : Pop art Valentines card with four hearts on different backgrounds

Well four weeks and four hearts!  We are waiting but are hopeful!  We received our latest update on our little one on Thursday!  He was dressed in a pink sweatshirt.  Good Grief!!!!  No more pink!  I am bringing lots of little boy clothes to the orphanage as donations.  Lets dress those boys in something other than pink!  Honestly, I know it is the least of the challenges in Ethiopia.  Just trying to keep things light!

He is 17.5 pound and looks to be the biggest of my three kids!  So fun to be calling him that these days.

So here is the latest:  Our Joshua Tree is ordered thanks to our good friend, Tim W!  We have begun to go thru the clothing donations from Missy.  Some we kept...some are being donated to the orphanage.  So fun to go thru baby clothes again!  Oh the little things you miss.  I have spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out the formula thing...thankful for Michele who is guiding me along the path of a formula baby.  Not sure how that whole thing goes but I am learning!  The three bedrooms will be painted this next week when Len is home for Spring Break.  I thought my break was lame.  Go Len!

Being the queen of optimism...and yes I am hiding something that I will not and cannot share.. I have begun to pack.  I am packing the donations and our little one's bag.  Once we hear some official good news...we will pack the other bags.

We told the girls that we will leave sometime again soon to go to Ethiopia.  Hannah remarked that she hoped he could come home this time.  Sarah....just cried. "Please do not leave me again!"  Oh dear.  So....Sarah has an appointment this Friday for her shots.  So as of right now, Sarah is going to Ethiopia!  She will help gobs with Joshua and will be able to stay with her mom and dad.  Hannah is not going.  She has ZERO interest in going.  She will not eat the food there and will be much better off in the states.  We are sad about leaving her but do not want to deal with CRABBY HANNAH.  Trust me...no one does!  So that is the update for now.

How many of you who read this want to get involved....mark your calendar for April 5, 2011.  More on that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment