Well...the clock continues to tick by and we have arrived at three months. It has been three months since our cover letter reached the desk of the orphange directors. It has been three months since our dossier crossed the Atlantic Ocean. It has been three months since we breathed a LARGE sigh of relief as our paperchase was coming to an end.
In reading the blogs of others I have found some fun stuff. One compared this wait to the stages of grief. From depression and denial to acceptance and excitement, Len and I have run the gamut. Amazing process to be honest. There is just as much emotion if not more than with a biological pregnancy. I can honestly say it is FAR more challenging. I am thankful to have a few friends from Grace Community Church that have adopted from Ethiopia that are home with their little ones. A quick glance at Facebook and I feel better.
In my last post, I mentioned that we have $2000 of the last $5600 payment. Amazing how much all of this costs! We entered into this with our eyes open and well aware of the financial committment. It has been a true leap of faith for us to completely trust in the Lord for all of this. I have been concerned but not overly with the next payment. Whenever, I went to prayer I heard so clearly...."I told you I would take care of this". He is so much more patient with me than I am with Hannah and Sarah.
Get the kleenex now.....
Ok so Len just called today on the Threemonthanniversary. (Not sure if he knows that, yet.) We are in the process of refinancing our house as the rates are so low, it is silly not to. There is, of course, something up with the refi. I have not a clue other than our tax bill is due and we have to have extra money at closing unless we roll in the next payment and blah, blah, blah. Needless to say, we have to pay our next tax bill at closing and we will recieve a refund of the balance 10 days after closing. Any idea what the balance is...you guessed it. $3600. Seriously, I could not make this up if I tried. Tears, tears, tears. I have not a clue what we did to deserve this grace but pray that all goes well with the refi and we will be ok for our referral.
He is so good. Trusting in HIM has been hard. But he has made his will known and we will press on with this adoption. I cannot wait to meet the little one that has been chosen by him for us! Truly amazing!
Our travel/referral meeting is in just 6 days! I will have more information then. In the meantime, I will wait for the mailman today to bring us our packet from Dove. :-)
Thanks for reading and praying! It is like a big hug from all of you!
Michelle,
ReplyDeleteI love reading your updates here and posts on FB. Your faith is inspiring and reminds me that I must have the same. I pray that all continues to go smoothly in this process. You are a wonderful family blessed by God. A lucky child this will be to be welcomed into the Labonar family.
Be well,
Katie Dolney