The two month point...
Well Happy Labor Day everyone. Summer is over and fall has arrived. While I sit here and update the blog....Len and the girls are outside draining the pool and riding bikes. We have had a wonderful weekend as we celebrated Len's 37th birthday and Hannah's 8th birthday. It has been a good and relaxing weekend. Hopefully you have enjoyed some time with your families as well.
Well the question we have heard the most this month...."so anything?" Well.....no. I am not anxious about the referral. Excited yes, anxious no. I just want to hear from our agency telling us where things are and what the next steps are. I can tell you what I do know. We will be given a list of required and recommended vaccinations. Thankfully, we have a wonderful woman at church who is willing to order and administer all shots that our insurance does not cover. PHEW!
The other one is to prepare for the referral. We have a wonderful friend in the neighborhood who has adopted a amazing set of twins from Russia. They are such a hoot! Anyway, she has contacts with the adoptive medical community. We can send all of our referral paperwork to them and they will evaluate it from the medical perspective. This will allow us to make an educated decision as to whether we will accept the referral.
Everyday, I pray...."Will this be the morning we hear from the agency so we can begin to prepare?" Please help me pray for patience while we wait for this email as well the health of our little one. I am starting to wonder if he is born yet. :)
I have also kept a close watch on the blogs the last few months. The courts are closed in Ethiopia due to the rainy season. The blogs are saying that there is a great deal of surrendering after the rainy season ends. I am also praying for those moms and children as they make the difficult decision to break up their families which could result in a complete family somewhere else. Amazing paradox isn't it?
Have a wonderful September. Hopefully you will see a post indicating we have heard from our agency soon!
|
awwww...such a bittersweet update...continue to have you in my thoughts as you navigate this journey.
ReplyDeleteeach day is one day closer..