Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

It is off!

Well we did it. Our dossier was sent to our agency, Dove Adoptions International, in Oregon, yesterday. We have extra copies of everything. Thank you so much for all of your prayers for our patience. We managed to assemble everything and get it to our local mail box store. It is now on its way!

NOW WHAT?

Well we are waiting to hear from our agency in the meantime. Hopefully, we did everything correctly and can move on to the next step.

As for the home study agency drama...well Glenkirk closed...the agency they sent us to was requiring us to start over again with more fees too!
Len spent lots of time on the phone and found an amazing and compassionate social worker, at Adoption Link. She will provide us our post placement visits. She has been awesome in getting our file transferred and the required documents for our dossier.

So now...we wait to hear from Dove. When we know...we will post info on the blog here. :)

Thanks for your prayers and positive thoughts. They are a blessing to us as we prepare to move from a family of 4 to a family of 5!

Blessing to our friends Anji and Steve as they travel on Friday to pick up their little ones from Ethiopia!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

What a Week!

Just when we thought things were starting to run smooth. The lesson learned this week is never to relax in adoption world. Here is a run down of the highlights of the week:

1. Len, Hannah, Sarah, and Donna (Len's Mom) planned on going downtown to have paperwork from the Federal Government authenicated. Len's plan was simple on Wednesday. If the Blackhawks were to win the Cup on Wed., we would go downtown Monday 6/14 to avoid the parade. If the Stanely Cup Finals went to a game 7, we would stick to the Friday Plan. DA DA DA DA DA DA Kaner scores and HAWKS take the CUP! Dancing in the living rooms of Hoffman Estates (priorities are priorities). So Monday (tomorrow) is the trip downtown.

2. Since our homestudy agency shut its doors, we have to switch paper work to a new agency. The new agency was supposed to honor all fees and payments we already made, but of course they did not. Essentially they want $1000 to redo a homestudy that is less than 2 months old. After hours on the phone talking to various agencies, it seemed like we had no other choice and would face yet another delay.

3. After discussing the issue with our Adopting Agency, they insisted that the Homestudy did not have to be redone and that we should submit our dossier ASAP.

4. On the recommendation of a trusted source, we connected with another homestudy agency that agreed to honor our homestudy and provide post adoptive visits at their normal rate. Money that should be refunded to us from our original agency.

So simply stated, after hours of frustration all day Friday, we ended up where we started. Going downtown tomorrow to wrap up paper work. We should be mailing the dossier this week. And then we will simply be waiting for the referral.

It feels like we are getting close, but we cannot relax now!

Thanks for all the support and well wishes.

Len and Michelle