We were with two other wonderful families on their embassy trips as well. They are in a different house. I am sure the other houses are fabulous but I love this one. The staff is kind and the place is super quiet! Perfect for sleeping Joshua's and mawerdi's. We have been blessed to be housemates with vivi and Pete. Great couple who have been here for six weeks plus. They know this place like crazy! I am hoping to do dinner with them this evening.
Our Joshua did not eat much last night and he refused his bottle. Grrr. I thought for sure we were in trouble. Well, this morning his diaper was basically dry and he was listless. Holy mom kick in time. I watered down the formula to one scoop for every three ounces of water instead of the prescribed two ounces and he drank it. Thank heavens! We tried some food last night...the orphanage said he was on food. Yah not so much. He also ate prunes and gobbled up the rice cereal (good call Michele). He is was better after breakfast.
He was very sweet yesterday so I was worried about him waking up and completely freaking out. He was fine with Sarah and crying with me and worse with Len. (he is feeling a repeat of Sarah...poor guy). I took off my glasses and voila! Back to normal! His ears are slimy on the inside....I am thinking it is the crazy congestion the poor kid has. Between teething two new teeth on the top and two more on the bottom...Tylenol has become his friend. We were told he naps once a day from 1-3. After breakfast....he was tired. So off to bed he went....with his dad! So both are asleep on the bed together. Len loves his Ethiopia naps and it is his first time alone with Joshua. Joshua was smiling with Len on the bed and off to sleep they both went.
We have our embassy appt this afternoon and are hoping to hit yod abyssnia tonight for some traditional Ethiopian dinner and dancing.
Ciao for now!
Ciao for now!



No comments:
Post a Comment