Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

What a Week!

Just when we thought things were starting to run smooth. The lesson learned this week is never to relax in adoption world. Here is a run down of the highlights of the week:

1. Len, Hannah, Sarah, and Donna (Len's Mom) planned on going downtown to have paperwork from the Federal Government authenicated. Len's plan was simple on Wednesday. If the Blackhawks were to win the Cup on Wed., we would go downtown Monday 6/14 to avoid the parade. If the Stanely Cup Finals went to a game 7, we would stick to the Friday Plan. DA DA DA DA DA DA Kaner scores and HAWKS take the CUP! Dancing in the living rooms of Hoffman Estates (priorities are priorities). So Monday (tomorrow) is the trip downtown.

2. Since our homestudy agency shut its doors, we have to switch paper work to a new agency. The new agency was supposed to honor all fees and payments we already made, but of course they did not. Essentially they want $1000 to redo a homestudy that is less than 2 months old. After hours on the phone talking to various agencies, it seemed like we had no other choice and would face yet another delay.

3. After discussing the issue with our Adopting Agency, they insisted that the Homestudy did not have to be redone and that we should submit our dossier ASAP.

4. On the recommendation of a trusted source, we connected with another homestudy agency that agreed to honor our homestudy and provide post adoptive visits at their normal rate. Money that should be refunded to us from our original agency.

So simply stated, after hours of frustration all day Friday, we ended up where we started. Going downtown tomorrow to wrap up paper work. We should be mailing the dossier this week. And then we will simply be waiting for the referral.

It feels like we are getting close, but we cannot relax now!

Thanks for all the support and well wishes.

Len and Michelle

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

More Fingerprints....:)

Well... The I600A went to Texas and was received on Monday, April 5th. On Monday, April 12 we received a request for our fingerprints from the USA! Len and I will head to Norridge to have our fingerprints taken for the federal petition to adopt an orphan. Once the fingerprints are done...it is a waiting game until we receive our I-171...THE GOLDEN TICKET. Federal permission to adopt.

May 3 at 12 noon.....more fingerprints! :)

Wrapping up the dossier pieces this weekend so we are ready and waiting. Hurray!

Keep praying for our patience as we move forward as well as all of the orphans that anxiously wait around our world.