Holy Cow, Batman!
What an awesome email to recieve. As I am typing, I am praying and thanking the Lord for getting us just one step closer. It has been over 1 year to this point in the process. To be honest....we did not know if we would get this far some days.
You might notice our new ticker....!
(Sarah and Hannah holding the dossier before it is mailed to Dove)
So here is the scoop...our cover letter and Dove's cover letter are in Ethiopia in the hands of the Board of SOS EE. They are the ones that will match us. Our dossier has left Portland, Oregon as of 5:45 pm this evening. (PST) It is on its way to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The million dollar question???????? When will you get your child? Well it, like everything else is not that easy. Our agency and the orphanage that we are working with does not do things numerically. We do not move to the top of the list as time goes by. We are in more of a salad bowl. We are chosen based upon our cover letter and dossier matching the needs of a child. Once that match occurs...we will receive a phone call. I hope Len is around when that comes. I am crying just typing about it!!!! We can be matched any day now. The wait is typically 4-6 months.
Our next step is to prepare ourselves for the referral and travel. We will be having a lengthy 90 minute plus phone conference with Dove at some point in the next 4-6 weeks. This will give us the details necessary for the next step in the process.
In the meantime...we are celebrating!!! Praying!! ( and I am crying!)
Thank you for your support and prayers..... :)
and now I am crying reading your update as well! : )
ReplyDeleteSoooooo happy things are moving along....the waiting will hopefully be over before you know it!