Well we are actually moving along! Our contract and first installment of fees have arrived at Dove. Our social worker from Glenkirk has spoken to Dove and all of the preliminary paperwork that can be time consuming was already filed! Now there is a "God thing" to be thankful for...and we are!
Len and I have both had our doubts the past month or so....this is time and financially consuming...We have trusted in the Lord thus far and continue to. I walked into church this past Sunday looking and asking for some direction. He heard my prayer. This was the verse we focused on at church!
James 1:27 (New International Version)
27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Needless to say....I came home and worked on the paperwork with a new and refeshed focus! It was mailed by Len on Monday.
Currently, I am taking an 8-10 hour online class that is required by Dove. Len will take it over Thanksgiving. In the meantime, our social worker is wrapping up our homestudy and getting it Dove ready. We are almost done with this phase. We are waiting for our Dossier packet to come in the mail. Then we begin assembling it.
The next hurdle looks to be filling out paperwork for the Immigration department. It is a bit costly....can be a long wait....typically 6-8 weeks. Hopefully, that goes well. If it does we will have our golden ticket! That is what we need from the US Government to state that we are accepted to adopt.
Please continue to pray: Len and I need to make a decision on an age range that we are requesting. We have decided that we are going to ask for a little boy. We originally wanted 0-36 months. The agency wants something more precise from us. Now we must decide: a baby or a toddler or a preschooler. I am confident that the Lord will guide us towards our little one.
Blessings to you all! Thank you for your ongoing prayers!
Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment